Friday, September 28, 2012

The best of intentions..

Yesterday went pretty well overall. I ate a healthy lunch and managed to only snack on a handful of candy corn M&M's and drink my unsweet tea. After work I was actually excited to get to the gym for my treadmill time. When I got there I opened my gym bag to find 1 sock. Just 1. I was incredibly frustrated. Since I am the kind of person that is too embarrassed to walk back past the front desk attendant who had just checked me in, I decided that I would just have to work out without socks on. Yea, gross. I knew that running was out of the question so I decided to walk for 30 minutes. I walked at a 3.8 and a 4 incline and by minute 20 my feet were screaming at me and they felt disgusting. But I kept pushing and got my 30 minutes done. By the time I got home my feet were in pretty bad pain. And now I have some lovely blisters on my feet. Fantastic. I don't think I am going to make it to the gym today anyways seeing as I have plans with my parents tonight so hopefully they will be healed up enough tomorrow to get a good workout in. (I am a huge baby when it comes to pain.)

Today is probably not going to be a model day in terms of healthy eating. We are having a carry-in at work of chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes and rolls and tonight I am going to cracker barrel with my parents. Carb-fest anyone?? But, in my quest for moderation and balancing being healthy and fit with being happy I am going to try to just relax and enjoy. I am planning on being very healthy this weekend and I have already started planning meals for next week.

So here is to a happy Friday and the joy of spending quality time with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment