Saturday, September 29, 2012

Oh the glorious weekend...

I simply adore days when I get to "sleep in". I put this in quotation marks because for me, sleeping in is 7:30 or 7:45.I get up at 5:30 every day for work so my body just doesn't sleep late. Not that I would anyways! I only get 2 days a week off and I do not intend on spending them in bed!

This blog has 2 purposes:

1. To chronicle my tale of being healthy and sharing tips, tricks and recipes along the way.
2. To chronicle my life here in Indianapolis and share with you some of the awesome things that Indy has to offer.

It really is a cool city. There is so much to do here and the food scene just keeps growing! Here's a brief backstory on me.

I have lived in Indiana my whole life. I was born in Hagerstown and from there I have lived in New Castle, Hagerstown again, Milton, and Muncie. Most of my teenage years were spent in Muncie and that is where I call my home. I met my husband, Grant, when we were 14 years old in drivers ed. We didn't start dating until we were 17 though and we got married when we were 21. He is truly the love of my life. We lived in an apartment in Muncie with our cat for the first year and a half we were married. We both had jobs we loved. He was a sous chef at a local restaurant called Restaurant2(oh!)4 and I worked as a receptionist for a group of eye doctors. Well, last October that restaurant went under. Saying we were devastated would be an understatement. We loved that place as did all of our friends. Grant new he didn't want to go back to working for a chain restaurant and Muncie was seriously lacking in the food department. So he got a job at a new restaurant that was just opening up in Indy. I got a job as a Guest Relations Coordinator at a nursing home and we moved to Indy in December. We have since both changed jobs, he is at a new restaurant and I am still with the same company but I now do insurance billing and other business office work out of Greenwood. We have an adorable little apartment (which feels more like a mansion compared to where we did live) and we have also adopted another cat! Our sweet little Elsie Bell :)
Elsie Bell

Sable Mae

So through this blog I also want to tell you about all the exciting things and delicious restaurants that there are here and hopefully encourage you to check some out! I have some exciting things planned at some of my favorite Indy favorites today so there will be an exciting post to come!! 

Happy Saturday, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment