Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Crazy, crazy life!

Last weekend and the past few days have been crazy! I feel like my life never slows down lately. Every time I feel like I am about to get a break it gets crazy again! 

Saturday night I took my husband out on a surprise "progressive date". We went to 4 different locations then came back home to carve pumpkins. I have already shared one part of the date in my Harmony Winery post. I will be going into more detail about some of the other local gems that we visited in later posts :) I think it is so important to take time to go on dates after you get married or even after you have been together for a long time. Grant and I both work a lot and we don't see each other every night so sometimes it can be hard to plan together time. Having a Saturday night together is very rare so when I heard that was happening I jumped right on it! I read somewhere that when you can no longer laugh together then you know the relationship is going downhill. If that is true then we should be heading uphill for a while! We have so much fun together. I am often amazed that we can still have so much to talk about and laugh about when we have been together for so long. We have been dating for almost 7 years and married for a little over 2. He truly is the love of my life. 

Anyways, on to a less mushy topic :) On Sunday I spent most of the day lounging around. I had every intention of getting to the gym but unfortunately that didn't work out :( Sunday evening I headed to Muncie for a birthday dinner for my sister. She turned 21 yesterday! It was a lot of fun to have dinner with my family and get to spend time with them. I have the best family ever!

Sorry about the somewhat generic post today but this week at work is month-end week where we close out the previous month and that always results in long hours and stressful days so I haven't had time to sit down and put together a post about some of the other places I visited! For now, here are a few of the pictures from my adventures this weekend.

Beautiful flowers at the Carmel Farmer's Market

My delicious produce that I brought home from the farmer's market.

Homemade salsa!

Beautiful sunset over the canal downtown Indianapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment